Tuesday 31 May 2011

The Art Form

Art is something which we are all introduced to at a very early age even if we aren't aware of it. From the simplest illustrations to the most complex statues it can be found everywhere. Architecture, advertising, landscapes, interiors and of course fashion however the list is endless. Art allows us to express ourselves whether it is through creation or simply immersing ourselves in it and the same can be said for our wardrobes. 

However I find there are a few pieces which have been designed and are so breathtaking I simply want to stare and marvel at their beauty. I want to place them on a silk cushion in a glass box and just gaze at them. Although I may dare to try them on there would never be anywhere clean enough to risk damaging them. Below are three such items from Alexander McQueen (I have tried to add my own area of creative flair around them however I hope it doesn't ruin the shoes). 


Black Western Buckle Boot, £1,295, http://bit.ly/mF3fD2

Flesh Fish Bone Platform Sandal, £895, http://bit.ly/lZiigY

Gold Iris Platform Sandal, £2,095, http://bit.ly/k5S7OZ

Would you dare to wear or just marvel? What would you love to place in a glass box to forever preserve the beauty of the fashion art form?

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you and art is one of life's treasures! I love that fashion embraces art in endless creative ways that we can all get to participate in and Alexander McQueen is a great example! His shoes are truly amazing! Hmm...but I also believe that fashion is supposed to be worn so I'm not sure I want to put them in a glass box! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good point! I think that I am just so in awe of them I am not sure my feet would be quite worthy lol. Luckily this is not a problem as I have no hope in ever affording them :p xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. If you could also follow my blog I would really appreciate it. I read all my comments and really love reading them. Maz x