Tuesday 5 April 2011

Holiday Packing Daydream

“17 days! 17 days! 17 dayssssss!”

This is the text I harangued my bf with this morning. The poor guy was up at 5:20am but that didn’t stop me excitedly sending this as soon as my alarm went off. It’s not really such a bad message but as I have been sending similar countdown messages for about 4 months he is probably reading it thinking “17 days left of these texts until finally I am free from them”.

  
April 22nd is the day that I hitch a ride to Heathrow before catching a flight to Thailand. It has cost me more than I can afford, there have recently been floods and it might be the monsoon season but for 14 nights I don’t care. I will be in a beautiful hotel with my gorgeous fella and on the quest for a whale shark – what more could I want?
  

Well in all honesty some clothes for the trip would be nice. I have already been told by the bf he wants to take pictures of us so I need to make sure I actually have something to wear in them so I don’t go on a mass untagging on Facebook or, try and delete them when he isn’t looking.
 

The holiday itself has bankrupted me and my credit card will be maxed out from the diving but I am thinking it should be money well spent:
Indigo Pearl, Phuket http://indigo-pearl.com/
It means unfortunately though the clothes need to take a bit of a back seat on this occasion but it hasn’t stopped me looking. This blog is a dream packed suitcase for my trip. It has everything I would need for whilst I was there and should the lottery decide to pay out to me (which is unlikely considering I don’t play it) what I would buy tomorrow.

Luggage:
The Jimmy Choo 247 white moc croc bags and in particular the Raphael (£2095)
Jimmy Choo Raphael http://www.jimmychoo.com/choo-247-bags/raphael/invt/247raphaelsmk/
In my hand luggage:
- Smythson travel clutch to keep all my documents organised and handy
- Classic Ray Ban sunglasses for when I first step off the plane to embrace the sun
- iPod for all my trance and chillout music when I want it in my pocket
- iPad loaded with films and episodes of the Big Bang Theory to keep me entertained
- RHA headphones (which I luckily already have)
- Mobile
- Wallet
- Bottle of water – an essential for everybody
- Angora socks

Smythson travel wallet: http://www.smythson.com/SmythsonSite/product/Travel%20Goods_Travel%20Wallets/NBLUE-1006537.htm
Sunglasses: http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/41759
Headphones:  http://www.rhacoustics.com/?menu=home

By the pool:
I had in mind what I would wear both whilst sunbathing and when I go to grab a cocktail or some food by the pool/beach – none of this would go near the dive boat which gets to enjoy my O’Neill surf shorts and a baggy black top that doesn’t show the salt water.
From top left to bottom right: Lotta Stensson Printed silk-chiffon dress, Melissa Odabash Phuket cutout swimsuit, Michael Kors Mid-rise stretch-denim shorts, Michael Kors Willow elastic and raffia sandals, Emilio Pucci Printed triangle bikini, Missoni Mare Maratea crochet-knit kaftan, We Are Handsome The Phoenix triangle bikini, Gucci Craft canvas and leather tote, Missoni Mare Panama crochet-knit kaftan, JETS by Jessika Allen White Label Heritage cutout lace swimsuit, Matthew Williamson Escape Animal-print traingle bikini, Chloé Multi-strap leather sandals, Shimmi Nicole lace-up bandeau bikini, Emilio Pucci Stretch-cotton shorts, Sigerson Morrison Metallic ostrich flat sandals, JETS by Jessika Allen White Label Heritage lace triangle bikini, Etro Printed silk kaftan, Alexander McQueen Metallic leather flat sandals, Miu Miu Matelassé leather bag, Zimmermann Ebony Rose frilled triangle bikini
All available fron Netaporter: http://www.netaporter.com/
 
Out for dinner and cocktails:
After a day sunbathing or diving there is nothing better than a refreshing shower, a touch of mascara and slipping into something gorgeous!
From top left to bottom right: Matthew Williamson Drawstring-detailed washed parachute-silk gown, Halston Heritage Hammered silk-satin one-shoulder dress, Kera Ross Sterling silver onyx and hematite cage cuff, Elizabeth and James Saliva silk-crepe handkerchief dress, Alexander McQueen Knuckle-duster lace-covered satin box clutch, Christian Louboutin Balota 120 glitter-finish multi-strap sandals, Notte by Marchesa Silk-chiffon halterneck gown, Rachel Gilbert Addison sequined cotton mini dress, Willow Twisted silk-tulle dress, Vionnet Draped jersey dress, Alexander Wang Draped stretch satin-jersey dress, Diane Von Furstenberg Willie leather wedge sandals, Zero + Maria cornejo Cade asymmetric satin-crepe dress, Roberto Cavalli Feather-print satin-jersey gown, Roberto Cavalli Printed stretch-crepe dress, Gucci Broadway python box clutch, Yves Saint Laurent Palais suede peep-toe pumps, Alice + Olivia Pleated satin mini dress, Miu Miu Crystal-heel satin sandals, Chloe Wooden wedge leather sandals, Kaufaman Franco Sequined silk-chiffon dress, Zac Posen Tulle and lace dress
All available at Netaporter: http://www.netaporter.com



Tucked up in bed:
Finally, once the make up has been taken off and I've brushed my teeth after an amazing day I would love to get changed into the below Robert Cavalli to get tucked up in bed and dream about doing it all again tomorrow:



Alas this is all only a dream. Although it is probably just as well considering my baggage allowance is only 20kg and not sure I would have managed that. But I suppose that's what the bf's suitcase is for...?

4 comments:

  1. Wowzzzzza!!! Gorgeous <3 I absolutely LOVED Thailand. The people are lovely & it's such a beautiful country. ENJOY!!

    P.S I'm convinced you will be the best dressed there. I didn't see anyone wearing anything half as good as ^ ;)

    We're now following you- please follow us back! :)

    Tara (& J)

    www.thestylerawr.com

    XoX

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gonna be a fabulous holiday!!

    Have fun and live it up. :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  3. A that is so nice!
    x fashionnerdic

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the night wear!

    purpletweed.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. If you could also follow my blog I would really appreciate it. I read all my comments and really love reading them. Maz x